Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Right Way

Our Relief Society is reading the Book of Mormon in 100 days.  I admit I got a little behind and have been scrambling to catch up. 

Something I read a few days ago has really stuck with me.  I have been thinking about it a lot. 

In 2 Nephi 25:28-29 "...And the words which I have spoken...are sufficient to teach any man the right way; for the right way is to believe in Christ and deny him not...wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul"

For whatever reason these verses have really struck me this time around.  It seems so simplistic, but there really is a right way, and it really is a s simple as believing in Christ and deny him not.  That is what it all boils down to.  Either I believe in Christ or I don't.  If I really believe in Christ, then the rest will follow.

I've been trying to think of ways that I maybe deny Christ.  How am I spending my time?  What shows am I watching?  What music am I listening to? 

I know I have not been worshipping him with my whole soul.  I really like the idea of finding ways to do this.  This week I am really working on scripture study and making my prayers meaningful.  I am also working on my time and how I spend it.  It seems that the times I get down are the times I have slipped in my worship of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment